Installing NT Radiant Barrier On Attic Floor Joists
Installing NT Radiant Barrier On Attic Floor Joists in a Cold Climate
NT (No Tear) Radiant Barrier by rFOIL is quick, safe and easy to install.
Cold Climate Application
- This application involves the installation of a radiant barrier directly on the attic floor (on top of existing mass
- As shown in Figure 1 and 2, the radiant barrier material should be installed perpendicular to the floor joists.
- Affix the radiant barrier to the joists using regular staples, 6″ apart. Be sure to leave a 6″ gap around the perimeter of the attic floor, so as not to interfere with any ventilation mechanisms
SUGGESTED PRODUCT FOR THIS APPLICATION:
Rfoil Radiant Barrier NT 4800P Series (Perforated)
SUGGESTED TOOLS FOR INSTALLATION:
Ruler, Staple Gun and Utility Knife.
Note: A vented attic with a radiant barrier is a very different system from an un-vented attic with the same radiant barrier. Common types of attic ventilation are: -Soffit to Ridge -Soffit to Gable -Soffit to Soffit -Gable to Gable Most codes require at least a 1 to 300 ventilation rate.What this means is that for every 300 square feet of floor space, there should be one square foot of free vent area.Reflective Insulation Manufacturer’s Association (RIMA)
- Check local building codes for compliance before installation. This installation sheet is intended solely to illustrate the proper location and placement of rFOIL Reflective Insulation products in specific constructions applications. They are not intended to illustrate proper construction methods (which is ultimately the responsibility of the builder or contractor).The installation instructions are only recommendations relating to the location and placement of rFOIL Reflective Insulation products and rFOIL makes no claims that these construction systems are universally accurate
- All warranties are void if rFOIL Reflective Insulation products are used in exterior applications, or in non-enclosed systems or buildings.
- Exercise caution when using rFOIL Reflective Insulation products near and around electrical wiring anddevices.
Covertech Fabricating Inc. provides innovative and cost-effective insulation solutions. From our modern facility with the highest production capacity in the industry you can expect quality reflective insulation and radiant barrier products and quick order fulfillment. Worldwide. Safe, Clean, Easy, and Effective to Use... Choose rFOIL.
Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved